Sep 14 | The Curse of God
Sermon: THE CURSE OF GOD
Text: Gen. 3:9-19
Preacher: Revd Femi Fadun
Curses are evil words spoken by God or man to a life.
Words are very powerful and it always bring an effect; either good or bad. The Power of life and death is in the tongue (Prov. 18:21). So, Curse is sometimes a function of careless words
Some Facts About Curse of God
- Curses of God are spoken when men provoke God (Num. 14:11-12)
- It is paradoxical to know that God commanded that man must not curse:
- -The RULERS (Exo. 22:28)
- -The DEAF (Lev. 19:14)
- -The KING (Eccl. 10:20), and
- -The PARENT (Exo. 21:17. Lev. 20:9, Prov. 20:20, Mat. 15:4)
It is expected of all Christian to bless and never to curse.
How Men are Cursed by GOD?
- A- Through direct message from GOD (Gen 3:17 -19)
- B- Through WRITTEN words of GOD
Some Biblical Example of People Cursed by The WORD of GOD
- The Sinful People (Deut. 28:15-64, Deut. 27:14-26.)
- The Disobedient to GOD’S WORD (Jer. 11:3)
- The People that put their Trust in MAN (Jer. 17:5)
- Those that do God’s work in DECEIT (Jer 48:10, Mt. 25:41, Mal. 1:14)
- The WICKED Person (Prov. 3:33)
- The Unfaithful in Tithes(ROBBING GOD) (Mal. 3:9)
- C- Through GOD’S MESSENGER(II Sam 12:7-12, I Sam 2:27-34)
We can choose between Curse and Blessing; Life and Death (Deut. 30:19)
What to do to avoid the CURSE of GOD?
- -Destroy all ALTERNATIVES TO GOD in your life,body soul and spirit
- -Trust God in ALL circumstances
- – Release your life to God for direction and control
- -Identify people/things that instigate you to disobey God -Job 2:9
- -Avoid all form of wickedness
- -Those dwelling in curse
- -Those who walked into curse
- -Those who were drawn into curse
- – Avoid all forms of wickedness-Prov. 3:33
God can change curses to blessing because of his love-Deut 23:5
Subscribe to Monthly Newsletter.