Sep 07 | Identifying The Curses of Life
Sermon: Identifying The Curses of Life
Scripture: Jeremiah 42:18-25
Preacher: Revd Femi Fadun
Curses are evil words spoken by God or man to a life. Words are very powerful to bring an effect either good or bad.
FACTS ABOUT CURSES
-Curses are real
-There is always a reason for curses Prov. 26:2
-Curse is sometimes a function of careless words. Power of life and death is in the tongue (Prov. 18:21).
-A curse is a supernatural force to bring harm and destruction to a person’s life.
-It manifests in various ways. Curses are most powerful when they come from those in authority such as God, Parents, Pastors, Teachers, etc.
Curses are spoken usually and sometimes unintentionally because they just don’t know the powers their words have. Such words include; –You are a failure, who will marry you and you are like your father.
MAJOR SOURCES OF CURSE
- Sins – Gen 3:14
- Generational – II Kings 20:16-19, II Kings 5:26-27, I Sam 2:30-34
- Disobedience – Jer. 11:2
OTHER SOURCES OF CURSE
- By contact (Jos. 6:17-18)
- Through words ( Matt. 27:23)
- Through actions (Eph. 6:8)
- It can be transferred (Matt. 27:24-25)
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CURSES:
- Life operates in vicious cycle
- Rapid Repeated Tragedy
- Failure at the edge of SUCCESS
- Sudden and Premature Death
- Snared in hole and hidden in prison houses
- Thought of Evil and Fear.